Friday, January 28, 2011

Seeds and Stuff

Welcome new followers. Thank you for joining!
I hope to see some of you in the garden this year getting your hands dirty.


First the "Stuff"
Thought I would give you a quick update on what's going on in the Haven garden. Robert from Advanced Tree Care sent a crew out to trim the fruit trees and the oak tree this past week. They did a wonderful job. Thank you Robert! It will be much easier to harvest fruit this year since the trees have been brought back down to their dwarf size. I will need to cover the trees with bird netting to keep the squirrels from harvesting before we do. Last season we did not get one Japanese Pear but I'm sure the squirrels enjoyed them! They also did a lot of damage to the apple trees.

My two new volunteers spent a couple of hours in the garden Wednesday cleaning out a few of the beds. Thank you Ladies! I will be working in the garden with one volunteer tomorrow (1/29) from 9:30 to 11:30am. If you would like to join us feel free to come on over. We will also be there on 2/5 from 9:30 to 11:30am.

Haven Family House
260 Van Buren Road 
Menlo Park, CA 94025


Now on to the "Seeds"
I spend some time in my greenhouse planting seeds for Haven....


  • Baby Leaf Spinach
  • Baby Butterhead Lettuce
  • Red Sails Lettuce Leaf
  • Red & Green Romaines
  • Broccoli
  • Cheddar Cauliflower
  • Red, Yellow & Orange Bell Pepper
  • Black Hungarian Pepper (mildly hot)
  • Serrano Peppers (Hot)
  • English Cucumber
  • Early Russian Cucumber
  • Mideast Prolific Cucumber
  • Sweet Market More Cucumber
I'll take photos tomorrow and post so you can see all that's going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.